Dear Ministry Friend,
I am sure we can all agree 2017 was a year that moved at lighting speed… full of ups-and-downs. Thankfully we have left the year behind and look forward to what God has in store for us in 2018.
I like to post an encouragement each year, words which speak to me and the Kingdom family I work with.
The Bible tells us that we are to invest in eternal things of heaven, and not the temporary things of earth. The things of heaven will last forever. I know we think we are well meaning when we send out messages of health, wealth and prosperity for the new year; but consider how every one of those blessings are for this temporary life… they only give comfort to the flesh and many times they do not build our Spirit man up.
Matthew 6:19 – 21 NLT “Do not lay up treasures on earth for yourselves, where moth and rust corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal. But lay up treasures in Heaven for yourselves, where neither moth nor rust corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also”.
There are eternal blessings that we can bestow upon each other which will be far more valuable than you and I can begin to imagine. These are the blessings I ask God to bless you with in 2018….
- “May you fall in love with God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, may you be full of our loving God;
- May you love all you know and meet;
- May you be a Son and Daughter in God’s house;
- May you know and understand Him more and more;
- May you grow deep in Him;
- May He change you, transform you into His beautiful image – from glory to glory;
- May you hear His voice and be obedient to His Words spoken to you as you wait on Him daily;
- May you continually wash your garments in the blood of the lamb;
- May you bear ALL the fruit of the Spirit in abundance;
- May your testimony of God’s greatness be powerful among the nations;
- May you be effective in the harvest;
- May your discernment in Spiritual things be sharpened;
- May He provide all your daily needs, as you seek His Kingdom established in your life;
- May you do what is right even if it costs you everything… even your life;
- And when you die in the arms of your loving saviour, be ready to celebrate and worship God in eternity with the multitude in heaven”.
These are the kind of blessing we should be sending people. This is the blessing that I pray over your life for 2018… God bless you and keep you in this new season!
D & the EAR2HEAR team.