October / November 2018 | web www.ear2hear.co.za | email
THE JOY OF THE NEW SEASON
This past season we have seen once again how important it is to find joy in the new season. So many shoulders and knees hang low with the weight of bad news, the struggles of life and even sin. Sin and the weights of life (Hebrews 12:1) are especially hard on the heart, and joy is often scarce when we entertain them.
Discovering the joy of fellowship with Jesus is able to lift up those hanging arms and legs. When we expect sin and the world to give us joy – we will come out empty hearted.
When we seek out the presence of God in our lives we seek out the joy of His presence – and it helps us to function in an ever expanding, dysfunctional world.
Jesus said “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need“
Matthew 6:33 NLT
More and more people are turning to materialistic answers to life; chasing hard after things, which only promise emptiness. Even Christians at times struggle to escape this. God is more than able to care for our needs if we simply seek and live in the company of His wonderful presence.
It is important for us to find the JOY of the presence of Jesus.
For recommended reading take a look at Andrew Murray’s devotion called “The Master’s Indwelling” – a very insightful piece about discovering our joy again.
GDPR & POPIA
GDPR is known as the GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION and applies to all who manage data of citizens of the European Union; it is a law which overlaps significantly with the South African laws regarding privacy known as POPIA.
These sounds like some pretty strange terms; but if you are running an enterprise or if you are working as a Church / ministry / NGO you will have to be familiar with them as soon as possible. These terms refer to laws that regulate how we manage the private data of people and how we communicate with them.
Many organisations own mailing lists and don’t realise that if any of their subscribers are European; or if they are in a European country, that they are required to enact policies within their organisation to protect the privacy of these subscribers.
These privacy laws are very important to adhere to as they may mean some serious fines or jail time for non-compliance.
It would be good to begin with reading up on these laws to begin familiarising yourself with the process of becoming compliant.
**This article is not for legal purposes, but for informative purposes. Please refer to legal experts that can accurately advise on the best course of action.
NEW SUBMISSIONS DATE FOR THE REFRESHING MAGAZINE 2019
Please take note that the submission deadline for articles, testimonies and adverts has shifted from 28 February 2019 to 15 January 2019. This is due to the fact that we wish to have our magazine published earlier in the year.
GOSPELS OF JOHN
Gospels of John and similar scripture based tracts are freely available in the following languages. We have limited supply in English, Afrikaans, North Sotho, South Sotho, Tswana, Xhosa, Zulu, French, Portugeuse, Swahili, Chinese and Shona among others.
YEAR END PROJECTS
- Each year we have had the priviledge of having a year end parties with under priviledge groups. To encourage, love and share the Good News with others. REFILWE ORPHAN CARE is one of those we are taking the time to bring joy to 200 to 300 children in the community. Currently, your prayers and support have helped us gather 140 gifts so far for the children which is almost half of what we need. We are also planning on party food and some sweats to bring some joy to these children. Hopefully before 29 November 2018 the Lord will once again faithfully provide for us to bless the children on the day. If you feel led to support this, please contact us here.
- Other projects are gifts for teenage mothers in rural areas with BREAKTHROUGH SUPPORT GROUP- they are attending early childhood development training to help them raise their children. To encourage them to complete their training we are supplying a Bible and a parcel of baby clothes. If you feel led to support this, please contact us here.
- KINGDOM CULTURE: OPENMIND has street outreaches to various parts of the CBD each month. We are interested in Collaborating with them in November/December. If you feel led to support this, please contact us here.
- MERCY HOUSE helps abandoned and abused women and children. This year we would like to shower them with hope and blessings through gifts, Good News and encouragement. If you feel led to support this, please contact us here.
- TOBELA KU JESUS – works with the elderly to train them to work with their pensions, technology and skills. There is an open door to share the Gospel and supply them with various items to help them in their vision. If you feel led to support this, please contact us here.
What will we need to make this work? New/Second hand toys or clothes; non perishable foods; material/wool; new/secondhand toys; or if you are pushed for time donate financially to this here.
DECEMBER & JANUARY PRAYER SESSIONS:
To network partners and friends – please send in your prayer requests before 30 November 2018 so we can allocate a day for your ministry.
Intercessors want to pray for you and your ministry.
Please ensure that prayer requests your share are not private or personal as we place your prayer requests in a prayer list.
NETWORK NEWS YOU MAY HAVE MISSED!
Help us spread the word – so other may know what we are doing in the Kingdom. Subscribe yourself or a friend to EAR2HEAR NEWS here >>>
Have you considered helping EAR2HEAR do the extra-ordinary work it is doing. See how you can give of your time here. GIVE to EAR2HEAR
Thank you for you love and continued support! You are the many supporting pillars of this ministry!
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any system and destroy all copies. As Internet communication cannot be guaranteed to be secure, error and virus free, neither the sender nor receiver will accept any liability for loss or damage sustained as a result of this e-mail transmission.